Return Policy and warranty information:
At ThinkPadDepot, we are committed to resolve a purchase problem as quickly and as easily as plausible. With this objective, it is important to abide by certain terms and conditions for returning merchandise purchased from ThinkPadDepot. Depending upon the product and the condition, an exchange, a return or a refund is made possible. Please note that not all items are covered by our returns policy. We strongly recommend that you read the complete returns policy before you make your purchase. Please read the following details.
Reasons for return and RMA request policy:
RMA must be requested within 23 days of the original invoice date. Items received in damage condition must be reported within 48 hours by calling thinkpaddepot.com and courier (FedEx / UPS). Box and packaging for damaged goods must be retained for inspection by courier. Thereafter, all sales are final. The returned package must be received within 10 business days of the RMA issue date. All exchanges and returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Exchanges and credits cannot be processed without one. Possible reasons for returns that qualify for an RMA are as follows :
• The product received was not the product ordered—RMA is issued—Choice is given for replacement or complete refund (including refund of freight and insurance charges).
• The product was not opened and you decided not to keep the product for any reason—RMA is issued—You will pay for the freight charges to and from, and refund is given back on receipt of product in any of specified ThinkPadDepot’s fulfillment warehouses. (Check is mailed after receipt of a valid return).
• The product was opened and for any reason you do not like to keep the product. The product is NOT used and all components and packaging is in its original condition—RMA is issued—15% restocking is charged in addition to applicable freight charges.
• The product was opened and used and for any reason you like to return the product—RMA is not issued. Note: For problems that are product specific and covered under warranty by the manufacturer, the manufacturer should be contacted. See manufacturer web site for support and warranty. All requests for technical service and support should be made directly to the manufacturer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Exceptions to our return policy:
To ensure the most efficient processing of your return, please note that all warranties are by manufacturers only. Manufacturers require that they directly handle their damaged or defective products. Any products that are exceptions to our regular return policy are clearly marked. Please contact the manufacturer for repairs or replacements of these items.
All other hardware products:
May be exchanged or returned within 23 days of the invoice date provided an RMA has been issued for that product. Thereafter, all sales are final.
Credit will not be given on printers, fax machines, build-to-order items, and special orders for any reason. However, exchanges will be allowed if requested within 30 days of the invoice date.
Please remove all installed ink or toner cartridges prior to repackaging your printer for return. Cartridges left installed during shipping can seriously damage the printer, in which case credit cannot be given. Contain these removed cartridges in either their original packing or a securable plastic bag.
Warranty on refurbished products varies. Please contact manufacturer for exact warranty period offered on their products. Refurbished laptop batteries may not perform as well as their brand new counterparts. These batteries may or may not be covered under warranty and policy varies between different manufacturers. Please contact manufacture to learn about their warranty policies.
All software products:
Unopened software can be exchanged within 30 days of the invoice date. You will pay the shipping charges. Opened software will not be accepted for return.
At times, ThinkPadDepot will offer specially priced items that have been discontinued by the manufacturer. These items, clearly marked as discontinued, are not eligible for return or exchange.
Returns on clearance items are accepted within 30 days of the invoice date if the product is damaged or deemed defective. An RMA must be obtained in order for a clearance return to be accepted and processed. We cannot exchange clearance products, as the manufacturer has either discontinued these items or we no longer have them in stock.
Requesting a product return:
You can choose any of these convenient methods: Send your request via email to sales@ ThinkPadDepot.com. Please include your order number.
After Receiving Your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number
1. Write your RMA number legibly on the return label.
2. Return the entire package to:
21515 Ridgetop Circle, suite 120
Sterling VA 20166
Crediting your account:
Credit will be issued within 10 business days of receiving your return. While most refunds for credit will be issued to the credit card account that appears on the original invoice, in certain cases checks may be issued. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. Please note that your financial institution may take up to 10 additional days from the date we issue the credit to post it to your actual account. Questions regarding this should be directed to your financial institution. When returning an item paid for by check or money order, a refund check will be mailed to you within 10 business days from the time we receive your return.
When exchanging an item, you will be sent a replacement item and a new tracking number once ThinkPadDepot receives, approves and processes the returned item.